Did you know that Dopamine (I pronounce it dopamean) is the brain¹s wonder-drug that helps you get stuff done? But people who are multi-passionate may have lower levels of dopamine which make them less likely to work for things. Thus the whole element of completing work which has started has more to do with motivation and cost/benefit than the pleasure itself. One way to achieve consistent dopamine levels is by setting incremental goals, according to neurologist Judy Willis. In essence, what you are doing is rewiring the brain to attach a dopamine response to the task you want as a reward. Listen to music, meditate, exercise.
Here is one I made earlier:
Reward Yourself – The Activity
Now it’s time to put some processes in place for you to reward yourself
1. Write down all the things you enjoy doing, that could include anything from specific food that brings you pleasure, movies you like watching, people you like seeing, places you like visiting etc. until you can’t think of anything else
2. Take a look at the list and pick 3 that bring an instant smile to your face
3. Put those 3 things as rewards that you will treat yourself to once you have reached a specific milestone (see timeline above and create your daily alternative)
Need help implementing a plan for your SPECIFIC situation: I’d love to invite you to a Get More Sales Habits (Even If You Have No Interest In Sales)
In this 4 day live experience you will learn:
•How to stay high when on the path to achieving your goals
• What tasks you need to implement daily
• How to outperform yourself
• How to tap into your super power of resilience
If you want to bring in more money on a consistent then, then let’s do this! Book your Get More Sales Habits seat!
Here’s to getting more sales 👊
Ruth-Ellen – Your Get More Sales Coach
Next we will be looking at how you can set up a successful accountability partnership relationship and why you need one in the first place!