Do you remember the beginning of a book, it hooks you in, get’s you excited but then it gets meh..lukewarm. But when the movie finishes boy does it leave you wanting more. I am going to give you 5 reasons on why these are essential to completing your projects faster and 1 easy practice
1. Rich people don’t take advice on how to be rich from broke people. So using the same logic, if you run a startup, thinking of changing career paths etc. you shouldn’t take advice from people that are not successful & happy with the career they chose
2. Opinions are as regular as a person whom loves there prune juice
3. Reliance on approval seeking leaves you open to abuse
4. You can’t control what people think
5. Knowing your priorities and values helps you put the brakes on people-pleasing.
PRACTICE – Pleasing yourself
Don’t get burnout
1. Practice self-compassion
2. Take regular breaks, since there is an inability to force the brain to stop thinking and “shut down”. A dyspraxic is nearly always thinking about several unrelated things at once, so breaks will help to do a brain dump so you can focus on the task at hand.
3. Exercise – dancing, running, walking, MMA, any exercise will do as it’s the best way to promote long-term focus. Exercise sends more oxygen to the brain, and stimulates the release of nutrients, hormones, neurotransmitters, and other agents that optimize brain function.
— Edward Hallowell, M.D., and John Ratey, M.D., coauthors of Delivered from Distraction
4. Increase your self-awareness through mindfulness
5. Learn and master meditation. Sahaja Yoga delivers free Yoga meditation if you live in the UK. If that isn’t your cup of tea then practice bibliotherapy (AKA reading). According to an article in the New Yorker “Regular readers sleep better, have lower stress levels, higher self-esteem, and lower rates of depression than non-readers,”
PRACTICE – Exercsie that you enjoy
1. Tune in by getting excited – the project leads to a goal you want to achieve that may bring in money so you can but that house, whatever is the main reason for doing the projects tune in and get excited about it.If you have a goal that’s aligned with who you are and what you’re excited about, you’ll move mountains to stay on task and get the job done. — Michael Sandler, Success at School columnist
2. Surround yourself with positive people,
3. Be honest with yourself, don’t go along with the herd.When you simply can’t listen anymore and find yourself drifting, be frank. Tell the person you’re talking to, “I’m sorry. Can we stop for a couple of minutes? My meds are gone and I can’t pay attention.”
— Alex Zeigler, coauthor of A Bird’s-Eye View of Life with ADD and ADHD
PRACTICE – Ways to get you excited
Don’t be a perfectionist
1. Don’t critique the job you’re doing until you’ve completed it. That way, you can avoid getting waylaid by perfectionism or frustration at how much you have left to do.
2.Get yourself out there, the fact that you put it out there is the point
PRACTICE – The gift of imperfection
Don’t get distracted
1. Don’t use any form of social media until after 10am
2.Say no to requests that demands too much time away from your own projets
PRACTICE – Distraction free hours